Mission Trip Fundraiser

Stephany Massart, Reporter

From March 28- March 30, the quad parishes of Holy Name of Mary, Corpus Christi, St. Joe’s, and St. Peter and Paul joined together to host a rummage sale at the Knights of Columbus hall to help fundraise for the high school mission trip.

This year’s trip is to St. Louis, Missouri to help lower the poverty rates.  This trip is from June 16th to June 23rd.  It will be led by Sarah Gavin, who’s the youth minister for Sturgeon Bay Edge and Life Teen(Religious ed classes for high school and middle school.)  It will be co-led by several adults who have been ‘certified’ to have several younger people under their watchful eyes.

This rummage sale started on Thursday, March 28 and went from 6 p.m until 8 p.m.  You were only allowed in if you paid $5 before-hand since it was an early bird special.  The rummage sale would officially start the next day at 9 a.m and go until 8 p.m that night.

Several teens took time out of their spring breaks to go over to the Knights of Columbus hall to help with set up, running the money boxes and cleaning everything up.  These teens will get a percentage of the money earned from the rummage sale to go directly into their mission trip cost.

All in all, this rummage sale was a success, and over $2,000 were raised to help support those going on the mission trip this June.